Social Media Content Specialist
We are looking for a savvy content specialist to guide and develop the content creation process for our brand to increase online presence for Wings of Hope. As a content specialist, you will be required to research and define desired target audiences, manage the content creation and publishing process, and monitor consumer and content metrics. We are looking for a highly engaged, motivated individual who works independently, but can collaborate with our Board members and partners.
To ensure success as a content specialist, you should show a keen eye for detail and be highly creative. As a social media content specialist, your job duties include defining gaps in our existing communication strategy, creating content for our social platforms, implementing marketing campaigns across multiple online channels, and collaborating with Board members as well as introducing new ideas to the Board. You are in charge of copywriting posts in collaboration with the marketing department and working with multiple online platforms.
Content Specialist Responsibilities:
- Creating content for a variety of platforms including email marketing pieces, website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social platforms is required.
- Researching content and consumer trends to ensure that content is relevant and appealing.
- Developing content strategies to effectively reach the desired target audience (i.e. existing donors, potential donors, potential sponsors, partners, and the general public) and marketing goals.
- Proofreading and editing content before publishing.
- Creating and managing content calendar and ensuring that the content remains consistent across all platforms while meeting the platforms’ unique needs
- Coordinating primarily with the Director of Digital Marketing to ensure the timely delivery of assignments, but also collaborating with all board members as needed.
- Keeping up to date with content trends, preferences, and advancements in the social media world
- Meeting with the Director of Digital Marketing to ideate and define content goals.
- Present new ideas to the Board
- Ensuring that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented.
Content Specialist Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, meticulous grammar skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in literature, journalism, marketing, communications, or similar.
- A minimum of two years of experience in content creation, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Excellent social media skills, primarily Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Good knowledge of email marketing tools such as Mailchimp
- Good knowledge of content and layout design tools such as Adobe InCopy and InDesign to create appealing content for various formats (Posts, Stories, Reels)
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office and Google Suite.
- Strong understanding of content practices such as SEO and SMO.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills, time-management skills, and the ability to multitask.