The Director of Programs is responsible for the three core funded programs of Wings of Hope: AFAP, ACF’s PFAP Program and Gift of Hope. The Director attends board meetings once a month. A general description of the duties in the three areas are outlined below.
- Chair of the AFAP Committee
- Members include Director of Programs, AFAP Controller and Director, Governance
- Responsible for execution of AFAP operations: general administration of AFAP and disbursement of funds based on the board approved budget
- Reviews and approves (with other AFAP Committee members) applications for funding
- Seeks approval of the board for funding requests that are outside the Terms of Reference for AFAP on the recommendation of the AFAP Committee
- oversees the work of the AFAP Controller and works with AFAP Controller to ensure funds are distributed in a timely manner
- Meets with the TBCC social works bi-annually to maintain a positive relationship and to address any concerns and to solicit general advice on how the program is responding to the needs of our Community
- Communicates with TBCC social workers regularly by phone or email to seek clarification on client applications or to address any immediate concerns
- Provides annually updated application materials and AFAP Terms of Reference to TBCC social workers
- Responsible for the WOH Assistance email: communicates and follows up with AFAP client concerns, seeking additional application information, emailing Direct Deposit confirmation letters or any other required client communications
- Tracks utilization and areas of need and reports to the board monthly
- Reports the Summary of the AFAP Financials to the board monthly
- Monitoring and Review
- With AFAP Community, reviews the AFAP program annually (and more, if required to address financial constraints and/or other economic changes) to determine if Terms of Reference should be amended
Gift of Hope
- Works with the Gift of Hope Coordinator to plan the annual Gift of Hope program based on the board approved budget
- Works with the TBCC social workers to determine the recipients each year based on the Terms of Reference
- Reports the financials of the program to the board annually
- Alberta Cancer Foundation/PFAP
- Meets with the ACF representative annually to review Wings of Hope’s Endowment Fund to PFAP and maintain the relationship with ACF
- Receives the Wings of Hope Endowment reports from ACF and presents to the board
- Receives updated PFAP Terms of Reference from ACF annually and reviews with Committee to align with the AFAP Terms of Reference
Wings Of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation is looking for an energetic, motivated, and diligent volunteer to manage social media accounts on behalf of Wings Of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation on Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook. This volunteer in this role will be working closely with the Communications committee and will report to the Director of Communications.
Role & Responsibilities
- Strategy plans for driving higher engagement on social media posts.
- Content creation based on provided photography and videography.
- Curate & plan social media content, with Direction from the Director of Communications.
- Monitor emerging social media trends to identify creative and innovative new ideas.
- Quick and adaptable to learning new applications.
- Ensure content meets standards and voice of pages being managed.
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize requests, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Identify & communicate marketing opportunities that come up through social media to internal team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain strong communication with internal team.
- Some experience in digital marketing
- Outside the box thinker
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)